Brattle Hosts European Seminar on the Cost of Capital in Regulated Industries
Presented at a Brattle seminar, Brussels, Belgium
On October 24, 2017, The Brattle Group hosted a half-day seminar in Brussels that explored whether there is a case for adjusting current methods of measuring the cost of capital in the face of a changing industrial and regulatory landscape.
Drawing on international experience from regulatory, practitioner, and industry perspectives, the seminar, “The Cost of Capital in Regulated Industries: Time for a Fresh Perspective,” provided a timely discussion on cost of capital methodologies in Europe. Discussion topics included lessons from the U.S. and Australia, how current cost of capital methodologies are “working” in Europe, the cost of capital from the user perspective, and the pros and cons for changing the process and methodology for setting the cost of capital in Europe.
- Jordi Casanova, Case Handler, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology, European Commission
- Marco Vigetti, Case Handler, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology, European Commission
- Jarig Van Sinderen, Chief Economist, Authority for Consumers & Markets, The Netherlands
- Dan Harris, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Francesco Lo Passo, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Bente Villadsen, Principal, The Brattle Group
The seminar’s presentation slides can be downloaded below.