The Brattle Group’s team of consultants and experts has more than 30 years of experience advising taxpayers and taxing authorities in local, national, and international tax disputes across the globe.
Brattle’s consultants, academic affiliates, and industry experts are well positioned to handle all types of tax controversy and transfer pricing matters. We routinely and successfully work at all stages of a tax dispute – including planning, documentation, audit, appeal, competent authority, litigation, and post-trial briefings. Our clients include a wide variety of tax authorities as well as taxpayers in a variety of industries, including finance, technology, real estate, and healthcare.
Our diverse set of clients rely on us to provide turnkey consulting services and compelling expert testimony on complex, sometimes precedent-setting, tax cases. We look at each case individually, and when needed, work across disciplines to leverage our firm’s expertise in accounting, data science, industrial organization, finance, and statistical analyses.
Areas of Expertise
- Analytics of journal entries, general ledgers, and transaction databases
- Debt / equity characterization
- Economic substance / business purpose
- Financial accounting / tax reporting
- Financial instruments and markets
- Intercompany loan pricing
- State and local taxes
- Structured finance
- Substance over form
- Transfer pricing
- Valuation of financial assets, intangible property, and securities